- About AEFP
- Annual Conference
As a dynamic organization, AEFP needs to tackle the important education finance issues of the day. They are not solely about funding mechanisms and alternative approaches to taxation. Teachers' decisions about where to teach and how to teach strongly affect the cost of education. Moreover, both federal and state policies now link governance and instructional practices directly to finance. Key education finance policymakers also are key policymakers for personnel policies, governance policies, and curricular and instructional policies. Our journal has reflected this link between finance and policy since its inception.
At the June, 2010 AEFA Board of Directors meeting, the Board voted to change the name of our organization to the Association for Education Finance and Policy (AEFP). We believe that the new name reflects both where our organization currently is and where we hope it will continue to thrive. The name not only recognizes the broader policy goals of the organization, but also acknowledges the global nature of the questions that we address and the constituencies we hope to speak to.
The mission of the Association for Education Finance and Policy (AEFP) is to promote understanding of means by which resources are generated, distributed and used to enhance human learning.
The AEFP is a non-profit professional and academic association representing a variety of disciplines, perspectives and points of view. The AEFP promotes its mission by:
- Encouraging intellectually rigorous education finance and policy-related inquiry and scholarship capable of improving understanding and practice.
- Distributing theoretical and practically useful knowledge.
- Stimulating responsible public and professional deliberation and debate regarding findings, practical policy applications and research methods.
- Expanding the spectrum of scholars and practitioners from multiple intellectual disciplines and professional fields examining education finance and policy.
- Encouraging development and expansion of an international community of scholars, policy analysts and professional practitioners concerned for education finance and policy as a field of scholarship and professional activity.