The deadline is past for the 2018 conference. Please try again next year for the Kansas City 2019 conference.
The Association for Education Finance and Policy (AEFP) wishes to bring more policymakers and practitioners to the annual conference to inform and benefit from the conference dialogue. Connecting researchers, policymakers, and practitioners will encourage better research and better understanding of the implications of research and will facilitate researcher-practitioner collaborations.
To this end, AEFP is pleased to continue to offer policymaker and practitioner conference subsidies. Subsidies will help cover the conference and membership fees and travel costs of policymakers and practitioners wishing to attend AEFP’s 43rd Annual Conference on March 15 to 17, 2018, at the Hilton Portland & Executive Towers, Portland.
First priority will go to policymakers and practitioners participating in the conference as presenters, panelists, or session chairs. Policymakers interested in receiving the subsidy are therefore strongly encourage to submit a paper or panel proposal to the conference. (Paper/panel proposal acceptances are announced in late December; subsequently, applications for this travel award will be accepted beginning in early January.)
- AEFP will waive conference and membership fees for subsidy awardees. In addition, travel reimbursements will cover transportation and hotel of up to $1,400 per awardee. Waivers of conference and membership fees will be available for eligible attendees based in the Portland area.
- Eligible policymakers and practitioners include:
- Elected officials at all levels of government
- Employees of government entities (including school districts and institutional research departments at public universities), and
- Those who work for organizations that directly support government entities (e.g., National Conference of State Legislatures, Council of Great City Schools).
NOT eligible are employees of public university research centers; foundations; and non-profits that do not work directly with and on behalf of government entities.
- If insufficient funds are available to provide subsidies to all applicants, priority will go to:
- People who are participating in the conference as presenters, panelists, or session chairs;
- First-time conference attendees; and
- Those who would not be able to attend without receiving the waiver.
- The application window for the subsidy will open in early January, shortly after conference acceptances are announced.
Please share this invitation broadly with individuals or organizations whom you think would be interested in this opportunity, especially those who haven’t previously attended a conference or otherwise engaged with AEFP. We are looking forward to seeing you in Portland, Oregon for our 43rd annual conference!
–Carrie Conaway, President-Elect