The American Educational Research Association invites applications for the AERA Congressional Fellowship Program. This fellowship provides an exciting opportunity for AERA members to come to Washington, DC and use education research, outside of the academic setting, to inform public policy while working on Capitol Hill.
The goals of the fellowship are: (1) to contribute to the effective use of scientiﬁc knowledge about education in the formation of public policy; (2) to educate the scientiﬁc community about the development of public policy; and (3) to establish a more effective liaison between education researchers and federal policymakers.
- AERA is now accepting fellowship applications for the 2020 - 2021 term.
- The deadline to apply is January 6, 2020 at 11:59 PT.
- The fellowship is a one-year commitment. The term will start on September 1, 2020 and end on August 31, 2021.
- Doctorate-level scholars in education research and related disciplines and fields are eligible.
- Researchers at all stages in their careers are encouraged to apply.
Following a two-week science policy orientation program, the AERA fellow will begin work as a resident scholar within a congressional office. AERA Congressional Fellows will benefit from on-going professional development and networking opportunities.