The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks an Analyst in Education Policy to join its Domestic Social Policy Division (DSP).
The ideal candidate will have substantive knowledge of issues related to education policies, and considerable skill in working with large data sets, the use of statistical analysis software, and the development of analytical tools and models. The ability to critically examine the efficacy of public policies is an important element of this position. The ability to conduct research that will contribute to the conceptualization of changes to education programs and policies and research that will simulate the effects of changes to the design of programs and benefits are also important elements of this position. Knowledge of higher education policy issues and the federal student aid programs is a plus.
Analyst duties include:
- Preparing a variety of objective, non-partisan analytical studies and descriptive background reports, memoranda and other written materials on subjects or public policy issues of national significance that are within the employee’s area of professional knowledge.
- Providing personal consultation and assistance to congressional committees, Members and staff on public policy issues throughout the legislative process by providing information and analysis, and applying professional subject-area knowledge.
- Participating in CRS seminars, workshops, and/or outreach programs for congressional committees, Members and staff.
- Participating in or leading team research projects and seminars.
- Locating and providing information requested by Members and committees of Congress and their staff.
- The employee is also expected to develop over time the skills necessary to provide public policy and legislative analysis and consultation to congressional committees, Members, and staff at increasingly sophisticated levels.
CRS is fully committed to workforce diversity. Interested applicants must apply onlinehttps://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510534400.