Provides leadership for the Children’s Learning Institute (CLI) initiatives impacting children from birth through high school, especially as they pertain to school readiness. Oversees existing programs, and develops new programs and policies to strengthen child preparedness to succeed in school.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Provides leadership/management oversight for early childhood initiatives aimed at improving student school readiness and ongoing achievement that includes development of new online courses, activities, and assessment tools.
- Provides supervision and support for project directors/managers and coordinators of state and federal programs.
- Monitors and supervises budgets in collaboration with other department managers within the Institute.
- Participates in grant writing efforts.
- Serves as a point person to develop and deploy the Institute’s programs, policies, guidelines, and activities in collaboration with various stakeholder organizations and agencies.
- Work with stakeholder agencies, legislative leadership, and University of Texas-based institutions to develop policies and strengthen strategic initiatives to support the reading, mathematics, and social/emotional/behavioral development of young children.
- Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regard to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Responsible for the design, execution and effectiveness of a system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded; financial information is reliable and compliant with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Supports strategic planning for CLI. Collaborates with CLI leadership and managers in planning and implementing strategic plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal-based policies and statutes pertaining to education, as well as broad knowledge of a range of educational policy and practice issues, such as school readiness integration, and state and federal educational accountability.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, statistical software (e.g. SAS; SPSS; GIS) and Microsoft products, and developing programs and policies at the state level.
- Master’s degree in educational administration, policy, or related field required. Ph.D. preferred.
- Six years of related experience.
- Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
- Apply online