The Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS) at Florida State University is seeking an Associate Director/Teaching Faculty for the online Doctor of Education (EdD) program in Educational Leadership and Administration. The Associate Director will hold a twelve-month contract, teaching three courses in fall and spring terms, and two courses in summer term, and working closely with the Director and program faculty to coordinate advising and program management. Our online EdD program is designed for midcareer individuals who seek professional preparation for positions such as senior-level educational leaders and policymakers in K-12 schools, higher education settings, and other educational organizations, both domestically and internationally. This three-year program integrates coursework, advising, and applied research to support the professional growth of students as scholar practitioners who solve problems of practice in their specific organizational contexts. More information about the program is available at education.fsu.edu/eda.
- Teaching three courses in the fall and spring, and two courses in the summer;
- Serving on Dissertation in Practice committees;
- Organizing summer face-to-face meetings and spring research symposium;
- Coordinating advising of a large number of doctoral students (e.g., IRB process, committee meeting management, benchmark assessment coordination);
- Supporting the Director with curriculum coordination and improvement;
- Managing program data and reporting on student progress and program experience;
- Leading marketing and recruitment activities to further increase the number of applicants; and
- Coordinating admissions and graduation processes.
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership and administration, higher education, or another academic discipline with an emphasis in leadership, higher education administration, or policy studies
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to promoting and fostering a supportive online learning environment
- Strong research foundation, knowledge, and skills to serve doctoral students’ instructional needs
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in curriculum development
- Significant experience teaching and advising graduate students, preferably in online EdD programs
- Commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations
The anticipated start for this position is May 7, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit an online application at jobs.fsu.edu. Review of candidates will begin November 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. We urge interested candidates to submit materials as soon as possible. Applicants are required to complete FSU’s online application, providing all educational details and a curriculum vitae. Applicants should also include a cover letter, names of three references with contact information, and a statement of teaching philosophy. Transcripts, work samples (such as sample syllabi), and three written letters of recommendation will be required of candidates selected for an on-campus interview.
Questions regarding the application submission system and process should be directed to the application coordinator:
Theresa Harrell, Sr. Administrative Specialist
Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
1114 West Call Street, 1209 Stone Building
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4452
Dr. Courtney Preston, Search Committee Chair
Director, Online Ed.D. Program
Assistant Professor, Education Leadership and Policy