The Association for Education Finance & Policy, a non-profit academic association, is hiring an intern for the 2020 - 2021 academic year. The intern will work directly with the Executive Director of AEFP on administrative tasks and working towards the strategic goals and objectives of the association.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting Executive Director with day-to-day responsibilities, including customer service, social media, event management, and administrative details
• Managing AEFP social media
• Assisting with answering emails, calls, and general inquiries about the association
• Assisting with administering various systems, including our website platform, conference proposal system, and conference app/general system
• Preparing reports and conducting limited data analysis (ie. conference proposals, registrations, etc.)
• Reviewing communications and general writing duties
• Administrative tasks, including receipt tracking, file management, and others as needed
All work will be done remotely, with regular meetings conducted via Zoom.
This position would be ideal for a graduate student interested in non-profit administration, public policy, education policy/finance, social media, general communications, or business. Work responsibilities can be determined based off of the intern's interest and strong suits.
Compensation & Terms of Work
This will be a contract position for 10 hours per week during the academic year, with the possibility of continued employment in summer (at the discretion of AEFP and contingent upon available funds). Hourly salary will be $20 – 25 per hour, depending on experience.
Send a resume/CV and cover letter to AEFP Executive Director, Dr. Lydia Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.