About the Organization:
Research for Action (RFA) seeks to use research as the basis for the improvement of educational opportunities and outcomes for traditionally underserved students. Our work is designed to strengthen public schools and postsecondary institutions; provide research-based recommendations to policymakers, practitioners and the public at the local, state and national levels; and enrich the civic and community dialogue about public education.
Research for Action (RFA) is seeking a Quantitative Research Analyst to contribute to education policy and evaluation studies through research, data analysis, and writing. The Research Analyst will collaborate with project directors and project team members across a variety of research projects. As well as manage projects or provide support for project management. This is a full-time exempt position located at our office in Philadelphia; salary and title will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the candidates.
- Masters in a relevant field such as statistics, sociology, economics, psychology, education, or public policy.
- Required Stata fluency and experience with other statistical software such as HLM, R, M-plus, etc.
- Experience with, and/or strong interest in mastering, survey research (i.e., survey design, development of survey questions, and psychometric analysis).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work collaboratively with team members on projects and ease at building rapport with interviewees, clients, and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- Evidence of strong writing skills and a demonstrated ability to write for different audiences such as teachers, school administrators, policy makers, and academic researchers.
- Preferred experience with quantitative educational research methods such as: multilevel modeling, latent growth modeling, value added modeling, experimental/quasi-experimental design, propensity score matching, survival analysis, and statistical power analysis.
- Research interests and experience in one or more of the followingcontent areas:
- K-16 district, state and federal policy
- Urban school reform
- Out-of-school programming
- Youth development
- Teacher quality and effectiveness
- School Finance
Please include resume and cover letter with application.