The Education Policy Innovation Collaborative (EPIC) at Michigan State University (MSU) is seeking an Assistant Director for Research to join EPIC leadership to work on externally-funded multi-year projects. EPIC is a policy lab located within the College of Education. EPIC partners with state and school district leaders to produce rigorous and objective multi-method research with consequence that strengthens evidence-based decision-making for practice and policy in Michigan, with implications for historically disadvantaged students throughout the country.
The Research Specialist will join the EPIC team in a leadership role to work on one or more externally-funded EPIC research projects. The EPIC team includes Dr. Katharine Strunk, Faculty Director, Emily Mohr, EPIC Managing Director, Tara Kilbride, EPIC Assistant Director, staff researchers, postdoctoral research associates, operational staff, several affiliated faculty, and doctoral students.
Duties for the Assistant Director for Research will include some or all of the following:
· Leading center-wide research projects focused on partner-driven research on the impact of policies and programs using large-scale longitudinal administrative data from the State of Michigan and collected by EPIC in the form of surveys and interviews;
· Providing expertise in quantitative methodologies that includes substantial experience conducting statistical/econometric analysis and quasi-experimental design using panel data in STATA;
· Overseeing, writing and editing clear and concise reports, publications, manuscripts, policy briefs for both academic and general audiences;
· Providing mentoring, training, and professional development to other EPIC researchers;
· Responding to ad hoc data and analysis requests, both internal and external; and
· Producing data summaries, tables and visualizations.
· Other duties as appropriate based on the specific interests and expertise of the selected candidate.
The Assistant Director for Research will oversee postdoctoral and staff researchers, as well as doctoral students and at EPIC to ensure all research products. We are seeking a person who is excited to be a member of a dynamic and motivated group, and who is driven by a desire to produce both rigorous and policy-relevant research aimed a driving improvements for Michigan students.
The position, which include benefits, is fixed term annual, 100% time position beginning March 1, 2022 with the potential for renewals in the College of Education.
Michigan State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Michigan State University is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.