Communications & Events Manager Job Description
The Association for Education Finance & Policy, a non-profit academic association, is hiring a Marketing & Events Manager for the 2021 - 2022 academic year. This person will be a key member of the AEFP team, working directly with the Executive Director of AEFP on administrative tasks and on key activities in support of the strategic goals and objectives of the association. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Marketing & Communication
- Work with Executive Director to develop an annual communications strategy, including email, social media, newsletters, and other outreach
- Develop and manage social media for AEFP (including creating a master calendar, posting all content, and responding to people online)
- General copywriting and proofreading duties as required
Conference & Event Planning
- Conduct preliminary research on vendors for conferences (ie. Poster rentals)
- Develop initial catering and hotel details
- Assist with conference communications, including coordinating welcome videos, social media, email, announcements, etc.
- Assist ED with day-to-day responsibilities, including customer service, social media, event management, and administrative details
- Help with answering emails, calls, and general inquiries about the association
- Assist with administering various systems, including our website platform, conference proposal system, and conference app/general system
- Prepare reports and conduct limited data analysis regarding conference proposals, registrations, etc.
- Perform administrative tasks, including receipt tracking, file management, and others as needed
- Assist ED with other programming, including networking sessions, mentorship programs, pre-doctoral fellows program, etc.
Work location is flexible. The majority of work will be done remotely. Although, if candidates are in Arizona, some in person work will be required throughout the year (in-person work will be located near Phoenix, AZ). We encourage candidates to apply even if they are outside the state of Arizona.
This position will start in July or August 2021.
Hours are flexible. The majority of the year this person will work between 10 – 20 hours per week (greater work concentration in January through March). The week of the AEFP conference (always in March) will require in-person work at the conference site (held in different cities across the U.S.) for a full 40-hour work week.
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Applications should be emailed to AEFP’s Executive Director, Dr. Lydia Ross (Lydia.Ross@aefpweb.org). Please include a resume/CV and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through June 16, 2021.