Program Evaluation Specialist
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This vacancy is located at 200 W. Baltimore Street
Main Purpose Of Job
This position will coordinate and conduct program evaluations to assess the effectiveness of activities interventions being implemented at the state and local school system level. Evaluations will include, but not be limited to, studies of the outcomes of local school systems’ virtual school options, and other programs/interventions intended to address the impact of lost instructional time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This position is responsible for conducting all phases of program evaluations, including: creating analysis plans and timelines, data collection, data analysis, and communications and reporting.
Conduct program evaluations of activities and interventions implemented at the local level, including virtual/online school options:
• For each program to be evaluated, create a project/evaluation plan. This includes planning for data collection, data analysis including methodology, and reporting, and project timelines. • Collect appropriate data to conduct program evaluations (either using previously-available data or by developing new data collection strategies).• Analyze data using appropriate statistical methodologies and compare the results of data analysis to program goals.• Communicate the findings of program evaluations to internal and external stakeholders, including local school system, such that program evaluation results can be used to improve program implementation.• As necessary, collaborate with local school systems to conduct program evaluations or to facilitate a particular stage of a program evaluation (data collection, data analysis, and/or communication and application of findings).• Develop a strategy for the selection of which local programs to evaluate.Support the additional work of the Office of Research:• Assist with the identification of evidence-based strategies and interventions.• Assist with the development of data collection tools such as surveys and monitoring instruments.• Assist with supporting local school systems in establishing specific and measurable goals for their programs, such that these goals can be used in subsequent program evaluations.• Assist with reporting the results and findings of MSDE’s program evaluations to a variety of audiences and stakeholders.• Coordinate with third-party program evaluators, as necessary and required by externally-funded grants.
Education: A Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of administrative or teaching experience in, or affiliated with, an education program.
1. Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience.
3. The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Five years experience coordinating and conducting program evaluations for a school system.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-333-8950. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-333-8950 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For general questions regarding this announcement, please contact email@example.com or call 410-767-0023.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.