The Department of Education Policy and Social Analysis (EPSA) at Teachers College, Columbia University seeks applications for a Full-time Lecturer, in its Program in Economics and Education.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Department of Education Policy and Social Analysis (EPSA) at Teachers College, Columbia University seeks applications for a Full-time Lecturer, in the Economics & Education Program.
The appointment is for three nine-month academic periods, each paid over twelve months, at Teachers College beginning on September 1, 2021 and is renewable contingent upon continued needs and availability of funds.
We seek an individual of outstanding promise in teaching, advising, and research.
- Teach four course sections:
- EDPA 5002: Data Analysis for Policy and Decision Making II (one section, fall)
- EDPA 6002: Quantitative Methods for Evaluating Education Policies and Programs (two sections, one each in fall and spring)
- EDPE 4097: International and comparative studies in educational finance, or another elective course to be determined in consultation with the program director.
- Advise master’s students
- Participate actively in program administration, public outreach, and other community building efforts within our program and department.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, a CV (noting any courses previously taught), and names/contact information for two references to LMF2174@tc.columbia.edu. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by March 22, 2021
Earned doctorate in economics, public policy, or education with an emphasis on economics of education and experience teaching courses in the economics of education.
We seek an individual whose teaching and scholarship are of the highest academic caliber and who complements the strengths of the current faculty.