The Education Research Center in the College of Education, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, seeks a post doctoral fellow. For this non-tenure track non-promotion eligible faculty track position, we welcome applicants who are interested in engaging in research related, broadly, to education policy in Texas. Priority will be placed on candidates who have strengths in the following areas: Managing research project, developing and interpreting statistical models, including advanced statistical analysis and predictive solutions; managing large complex restricted access data sets using statistical tools and databases; composing technical documentation; and publishing quantitative analyses in academic journals.
The ideal candidate possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in area of specialization. The fellow would:
- Develop understanding and skills to allow for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization.
- Develop leadership and management skills.
- Receive/Review progress and evaluates results of experiments or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommend changes in research, testing or experimental procedures.
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under control.
- Operate with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels only in unusual situations.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge, normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. No experience is required.
Salary: 3,223.00 – 4,834.00
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Employee Status : Regular/Benefits