Established in 1996, under the direction of Paul E. Peterson (Henry Lee Shattuck Professor of Government), the Program on Education Policy and Governance has rapidly distinguished itself as a significant player within the educational reform movement.
PEPG’s fellowship program was initiated to attract top postdoctoral researchers to quantitative-based investigations of issues in education reform at Harvard. The program has been a resounding success since its inception in 2002. These fellows have collaborated on some of PEPG’s most important research papers and in organizing program conferences. Past fellows currently hold tenured and tenure-track positions at major colleges, universities and research centers in the United States and abroad.
The deadline to apply for the 2022-23 PEPG Postdoctoral Fellowship is December 17, 2021.
PEPG is offering a one-year resident research fellowship at the postdoctoral level starting in the summer of 2022. The fellow will work at Harvard University and engage in independent projects that are related to the program’s focus. Additionally, s/he will be expected to collaborate with PEPG’s ongoing research and programs. This may include conference planning and administration, as well as working on PEPG publications. Applicants who have not yet received their Doctoral degree may apply. However, they must receive it by September 1, 2022, in order to participate. Fellows must begin their residency no later than the week of August 29, 2022.
Candidates must have received PhD (or equivalent degree) within five years of the applied-for academic year.
The stipend for the postdoctoral fellowship is $75,000. It provides modest health insurance coverage but no housing. However, assistance in obtaining affordable housing will be provided.
Applicants should submit the following materials:
- Letter of intent with current contact information including email address.
- Current curriculum vitae (please include any past awards, scholarships and publications).
- A 2,000-word proposal describing one or more research projects that will be conducted and completed while at PEPG. The proposal should include relevant background information, discrete objectives, importance and feasibility, as well as the methodology that will be used.
- Two samples of writing, if not published, then of publishable quality. These should be pertinent to the proposed research.
- The names of and letters of recommendation from three or four people qualified and willing to evaluate the applicant’s project and scholarly qualifications. Recommenders should mail their letters directly to PEPG, or they can be emailed to the address below.
Applicants should email their materials to email@example.com (in PDF format). Incomplete applications may not be reviewed/considered.
All materials should be addressed to:
PEPG Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
C/O Antonio Wendland
Harvard Kennedy School
79 JFK Street, Taubman 304
Cambridge, MA 02138
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.