The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is located at 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose Of Job
This is a professional position responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the agency’s research agenda, evaluating the implementation and outcomes of agency programs, describing and analyzing agency data, and conducting and/or facilitating large-scale empirical research. The primary responsibilities of the position will be research design and data analysis.
Serve as an analyst/researcher for the agency’s empirical research, evaluation, and data analysis work.
- Access, collect, describe, and analyze data for use in decision-making by the agency and State Board of Education.
- Assist in designing and executing projects from agency’s research agenda by developing research questions and appropriate study design/methodology; conducting rigorous statistical data analysis; and interpreting and communicating results.
- Communicate findings of research to appropriate audience.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure appropriate data collection for use in data analysis and research.
Support the agency’s use of data, research, and evidence in decision-making.
- Write reviews of extant research on a variety of education-related topics.
- Collect and review education-related policies from other states or jurisdictions.
- Evaluate research on educational programs, activities, and interventions to determine whether research meets standards of quality and rigor.
- Analyze data on behalf of the agency’s other offices and divisions such that they can monitor and evaluate their programs (for example, by designing and administering surveys or supporting the development of other data collection tools).
Education: A Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work from an accredited college or university. Experience: Four years of administrative or teaching experience in, or affiliated with, an education program. Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education. 2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience. 3. The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services. 4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two years experience researching, analyzing data and program evaluation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-333-8950. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-333-8950 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For general questions regarding this announcement, please contact email@example.com or call 410-767-0023.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Learn more and apply here: