American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR is a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects from early childhood development to adult education. We pride ourselves in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. AIR's vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people.
We are currently seeking a Research Associate who will support teams in AIR's Secondary Education, College, and Careers (SECCR) practice area. This position will support teams in AIR's SECCR practice areas in work related to equity in higher education outcomes and attainment, understanding and improving postsecondary education and learners’ transitions between secondary education, postsecondary education, and the workforce. Although the focus of this work is primarily research, candidates should have an interest in research-practice partnerships or other ways in which research can be relevant to and translated into practice and/or policy.
- Support the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data related to postsecondary education
- Coordinate data collection activities with institutional stakeholders
- Contribute to relationship-building activities with institutional leaders and key stakeholders on campus
- Conduct interviews and focus groups with educators, learners, and institutional leaders
- Contribute to short-form and long-form reports, executive briefings, and field-facing and client-facing products
- Participate in business development activities in the SECCR practice area
- Master’s degree in education, sociology, economics, public policy or related discipline with 3 years related experience
- Team leadership experience
- Adaptability and tolerance for ambiguity
- Orientation to detail and quality
- Experience managing client relationships
- Interest and/or experience with higher and postsecondary education