The Office of Enterprise Planning is seeking a to support enterprise-level planning and decision-making.
Under the supervision of the vice president for enterprise planning, the senior planning analyst constructs models, develops forecasts, and produces analyses that help senior leaders understand the impacts of enterprise-level decisions, with a focus on the financial aspects of these decisions. As part of those responsibilities, the senior planning analyst also works collaboratively to provide assistance, guidance and recommendations to units on analysis of issues that influence the growth of the university’s scale and impact. The role engages on issues related to enrollment, tuition and fees, and financial aid; establishment and growth of new programs; and new enterprise initiatives.
This senior planning analyst is specifically responsible for work related to annual Operational and Financial Review, as well as general reporting on ASU Enterprise performance against goals using key metrics, forecasts, and comparators. The senior planning analyst also coordinates enrollment and financial aid forecasts, conducts analyses of cost structures of ASU activities, and assesses opportunities for operational efficiencies.
$80,000 - $101,120 per year; DOE
- Designs and develops models and forecasts that support programmatic and financial planning and decision-making.
- Compiles, maintains, and validates quantitative and qualitative data from internal and external sources for policy analyses and other research.
- Analyzes and interprets data and presents findings to various university audiences, including senior leaders. Ascertains requirements of senior leaders for further data or analysis.
- Selects appropriate research design, methods, and analytical techniques (including statistical procedures) for a wide range of projects. Uses statistical software to perform data computation and statistical analysis.
- Establishes and maintains business analytics and business intelligence frameworks and tools.
- Performs market research, involving assessments of market size, prices, and competitors; identification of opportunities; and evaluation of risks.
- Prepares written technical reports and presentations. Prepares drafts for review; incorporates suggestions to write and prepare final versions.
- Communicates with internal and external constituencies to obtain necessary information.
- Manages projects and serves on, or provides staff support to, working groups and other committees as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three (3) years of experience in conducting research, statistical analyses or planning; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Knowledge of modeling principles, methods and practices.
- Experience in using spreadsheet, statistical, and presentation software.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of university governance, institutional research, and enrollment management.
- Knowledge of the principles of exemplary customer service demonstrated through actively listening, acknowledging, and responding to every inquiry; taking ownership and resolving each concern or problem as appropriate; exhibiting professionalism and expertise in every interaction and engaging in professional development to meet expectations for service excellence.
- Experience in conceiving and developing forecast and tracking models that integrate disparate statistical and financial information.
- Experience in analyzing complex problems using data.
- Skill in verbal and written communication, including graphic presentation of complex data.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and project leadership.
- Ability to identify appropriate data sources, extract and manipulate data from multiple and diverse database sources by designing, refining and running complex data queries.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
The Office of Enterprise Planning in the President’s Office enables the ASU Enterprise to make better decisions. The office is responsible for integrating all components of ASU’s multi-year growth plan to support strategic investments that advance the ASU Charter over a long-term horizon. This work necessitates close collaboration with units across the ASU Enterprise to understand emerging needs, design required plans, and coordinate on implementation of those plans—and it requires the team to work flexibly and think probabilistically.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id#68293BR