Senior Research Fellow
The Education Research Alliance for New Orleans (ERA-New Orleans) and National Center for Research on Education Access and Choice (REACH) together seek a Senior Research Fellow (SRF) to lead objective and rigorous research about market-based school reforms across the nation. The SRF will have the opportunity to collaborate on both REACH and ERA-New Orleans studies with our team of researchers, post-doctoral fellows, and research analysts, as well as top education researchers across the nation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience using Stata statistical software to manage data and conduct statistical analysis
• Ability to write and present research findings to broad audiences
• Ability to build relationships with stakeholders including public and private schools, the State Department of Education, local education agencies, federal funding agencies, and foundation donors
Required Education and/or Experience
• Ph.D. in education, public policy, economics, sociology, statistics, or a related field
• Experience managing large education data sets and conducting original research resulting in peer-reviewed articles
• Demonstrated interest in the above research topics
• Experience managing research projects and related staff.
• Experience studying charter schools and school finance
This position is a exempt, salaried position assigned to pay grade UNCLASSIFI. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay
. See our Candidate Resources
to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply
This position will close on the date it is filled
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which includes the requirement of a booster when eligible. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Click "Apply Now" to apply for this job.
Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow
Tulane University is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity by phone at 504-865-4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org