Assistant Professor in Education Policy
The Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies (ELPS) in the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences* at Florida State University invites applications for a
nine-month, tenure-earning assistant professor position. We seek a colleague committed to research, mentorship, teaching, and advising. The successful candidate will be expected to
participate in ongoing research in a well-defined scholarship areas with clear connections to K-12 and/or higher education policy, advise professional doctoral students in our online EdD
program, chair EdD dissertation committees, contribute to academic service, and apply for external funding to support new research projects.
ELPS strives to develop a deep understanding of, and respect for our students and colleagues. The Department enrolls a sizable population of students in Masters/Specialist, PhD, and online
EdD degree programs and hosts a program evaluation certificate program. We seek a colleague who is committed to and capable of effectively educating students across multiple programs, with a particular focus on advising EdD students.
• Engaging in a well-defined scholarship agenda with clear connections to K-12 and/or higher education policy;
• Teaching graduate courses in our EdD program related to education policy and/or research methods;
• Advising graduate students in the online EdD program;
• Serving on student graduate committees, including chairing EdD student dissertations;
• Providing service to the university, the department, the college, and the profession;
• Developing and submitting grant proposals to potential funding agencies.