The Association for Education Finance and Policy (AEFP) facilitates communication between and among various organizations and individuals in education finance and policy, including academicians, researchers, policymakers, practitioners, administrators, and teachers. As such, the AEFP provides membership opportunities that benefit and meet the needs of individual members and institutional members.
A Note on Rates
Below are our 2021 conference rates that include annual membership dues of $60 for students and $100 for regular members. For most of the past decade, AEFP’s policy has been to keep the membership fees relatively low. Doing so, however, means that the conference fee must cover a portion of administrative expenses. Nonetheless, we have discounted conference fees by at least 20% from the 2020 conference fees.
Moreover, we recognize that this year has brought unprecedented challenges. If you feel that, as a result of the pandemic, either you or your institution are under extraordinary financial pressure, AEFP has established a hardship fee. This hardship fee is discounted at least 40% from the 2020 conference fees. If, however, you feel you have sufficient support, we ask that you register for the regular rate.
|Membership Only Rates|
|Student Rate||Regular Rate|
|Membership & Conference Rates|
|Regular Rate||Hardship Rate|
|Early Bird Rate (until 2/14/2021)||$210||$160|
|Regular Rate (starting 2/15/2021)||$260||$210|
|Early Bird Rate (until 2/14/2021)||$360||$310|
|Regular Rate (starting 2/15/2021)||$410||$360|
Members of the AEFP enjoy the following member benefits:
- Education Finance and Policy Published quarterly, AEFP's Education Finance and Policy provides the most important scholarly research and thought on the subject of finance of public, private and higher education, in the United States, Canada and around the world. Published for AEFP by the MIT Press, the journal is provided to all members.
- AEFP Annual Conference Membership in the AEFP provides the opportunity to stay informed on important education finance issues and network with colleagues at the Annual Conference. Only paid members may attend the annual conference
- AEFP Newsletter Published quarterly, the AEFP Newsletter keeps members informed on important AEFP happenings, as well as important opportunities and upcoming events in the field of education finance.
Institutional Members of the AEFP enjoy all of the member benefits listed above, plus these special benefits:
- Two Representative Memberships along with two journal subscriptions to Education Finance & Policy.
- Two Conference Registrations & recognition in AEFP publications (newsletters, program, and online).
- Conference Space for Promotional Literature at the registration area to promote institutional members' organization or publications.
- One AEFP Membership Emailing One complimentary general emailing of the institution's announcements or upcoming events to AEFP members.