Policymaker and Practitioner Conference Subsidies
The Association for Education Finance and Policy (AEFP) wishes to bring more policymakers and practitioners to the annual conference to inform and benefit from the conference dialogue. Connecting researchers, policymakers, and practitioners will encourage better research and better understanding of the implications of research and will facilitate researcher-practitioner collaborations.
In partnership with generous support from the Walton Family Foundation, AEFP is pleased to offer policymaker and practitioner conference subsidies. Subsidies will help cover the conference and membership fees of policymakers and practitioners wishing to attend AEFP 2023.
AEFP will waive conference and membership fees for subsidy awardees.
Eligible policymakers and practitioners include:
- Elected officials at all levels of government
- Employees of government entities (including school districts and institutional research departments at public universities), and
- Those who work for organizations that directly support government entities (e.g., National Conference of State Legislatures, Council of Great City Schools).
NOT eligible are employees of public university research centers; foundations; and non-profits that do not work directly with and on behalf of government entities.
If insufficient funds are available to provide subsidies to all applicants, priority will go to:
- First-time conference attendees
- People who are participating in the conference as presenters, panelists, or session chairs
Support is limited to two people per organization. To receive subsidies for two people from the same organization, at least one must be a first-time attendee. If AEFP still has insufficient funds to provide subsidies after applying these criteria, we will select awardees at random.
- Deadline: December 31, 2022
- Award announcement: January 2023
Please share this invitation broadly with individuals or organizations whom you think would be interested in this opportunity, especially those who haven’t previously attended a conference or otherwise engaged with AEFP. We are looking forward to seeing you online at #AEFP2023!
December 31, 2022